Seems everyone struggles at making signatures on GIMP, I’m really not used to making tutorials but I’ll give it a try.
1. Open the signature.xcf from my GIMP Templates, if you don’t have it new file 450 x 150.
2. Change the color, or leave it, your choice – Personally I like Gradients they make everything better. Make sure your Shape is set on Radial.
3. Drag your Gradient from the middle to the bottom on the BG Layer.
4. Now here you’ll need a render, I like Sonic, clean, simple & easy, so I’ll be using that. Go to File > Open Location & paste the render’s link.
5. Copy the render & paste it on the signature file, you’ll notice it’s too big.
6. Resize, Rename & Move down the layer.
7. Now this is where it gets tricky, people always wonder how I get my darkish/glowy images. Well go to your render layer & duplicate it then set the top one’s layer to Hard Light.
8. After all of that’s done, we need a background for it – I noticed everyone duplicate their render then play with it to get their backgrounds but this is easy mode, so we find wallpapers – this seems fine. Same as above, open location, copy/paste on signature, resize move & rename also you should set this layer to Hard Light aswell.
9. Now for some text, many people (even Teddy) struggle on making text like I do. So add a font, I’ll use one of my favourites Romance Fatal Serif Std. Have your font as the second (background) color.
10. Right-Click the text’s layer and Alpha to Selection, it should select the text.
11. Get your gradient and color it. This time have your Shape as Linear.
12. Now you may notice the Text looks kind of messed up, that’s what gradients do, but lucky we know how to Shadow – Alpha to Selection the text again but this time go to Select > Grow and grow it by 1 px. After that, take the Paint Bucket and Open a New Layer that you will place under the Text Layer
13. After you have your layers and Text looking like that, use the Paint Bucket on the image to get a blue outline. Now duplicate your Outline Layer and go to Filtres > Blur > Gaussian blur then blur it by 10 px.
14. After you’ve blurred it, you’ll notice the text looks beautiful. After that you’re done, if you want you can add Fractals to make it sexier like I usually do but from there you don’t really need to add much. Final Result:
1 Response to Gimp Easy Signature
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Wow, that’s what I was searching for, what a information! existing here at this webpage, thanks admin of this